Why you should consider replacing Bleach!

Hypochlorite is a strong oxidizer, and the products oxidation reactions are corrosive, and can burn skin and cause eye damage, particularly when used in concentrated forms. Hypochlorite must not be mixed with organic materials (e.g. dirt), as the resulting trihalomethanes are carcinogenic. The extent of the hazard thus created is a subject of disagreement.

Bleach should never be mixed with other household cleaners, especially not with ones containing acid, since this results in the generation of chlorine gas. It should never be mixed with anything containing ammonia, since chloramine gas can be gained from this combination. Urine contains ammonia, so bleach should not be used to clean urine spills. Both chlorine gas and chloramine gas are highly toxic. Bleaches also react rather violently with hydrogen peroxide.

It is estimated that there are about 3300 accidents needing hospital treatment caused by sodium hypochlorite solutions each year in British homes (RoSPA, 2002)

Make a Free Website with Yola.